- Company name
- Space BD Inc.
- Co-Founder & CEO Masatoshi Nagasaki
Head Quarter /
Nihonbashi Mitsui Tower 7th floor, 2-1-1 Nihonbashi-Muromachi, Chuo-ku,
Tokyo, 103-0022, JAPAN
Europe Rep /
- September 1, 2017
0min walk from Mitsukoshimae Sta. exit [A7] (Tokyo Metro Ginza Line and Hanzomon Line)
- September 2017
- Foundation of Space BD Inc.
- October 2017
- Raised JPY100million (equivalent to USD 890,000)
- April 2018
- First contract signed with the University of Tokyo
Raised JPY200million (equivalent to USD 1.9million)
- May 2018
- Space BD selected as the commercial operator for the smallsatellite deployment from ISS Kibo, JAXA’s first commercial service initiative
- November 2018
- Move the headquarter to Nihonbashi Muromachi from Ginza
- March 2019
- Space BD selected as the sole commercial operator for the utilization of the IVA-replaceable Small Exposed Experiment Platform (i-SEEP) on the ISS Kibo, JAXA’s second commercial service initiative
- October 2019
- Raised JPY380million (equivalent to USD 3.7million)
- December 2019
- Space BD selected as the sole commercial operator for the rideshare opportunities of Japan’s flagship launcher (H-IIA/H3), JAXA’s third commercial service initiative
- October 2020
- Space BD selected as the sole commercial operator for the nanosatellite deployment service on the first HTV-X mission, JAXA’s third commercial service initiative
- May 2021
- Space BD selected by JAXA as a private partner for High-Quality Protein Crystal Growth Experiment Service on the ISS Kibo
Embedding Space BD's philosophy on the importance of people into our logo
Space BD's new company logo is formed by putting the Japanese character (Kanji) for "People" three times.
This is to emphasize our strong belief that it is the people that supports our business.
The three characters for "people" represent "Customers", "Business partners", and ourselves, Space BD.
The logo represents the three groups of people coming together to rise up, up and beyond.
The bright red colour of the logo is a traditional colour in Japan, which represents the feeling when thinking of someone.
Space BD is a company that continues to challenge Space with a burning passion and with people as our assets.
The logo serves to remind us of our philosophy.